This Cherry Cheese Pie dessert is made every year at my house and any major occasion. This pie has a creamy lemon kissed filling on a homemade graham cracker crust topped with cherries.
CHERRY CHEESE PIE
This particular cheesecake recipe is exceptionally smooth and creamy because it’s made mostly with sour cream instead of cream cheese.
It has a unique tang to it and it’s lighter in texture than a traditional on keto diet cheesecake because of the amount of sour cream in it.
It’s also topped with a homemade cherry sauce, instead of canned, which is so much tastier and more satisfying.
- 1&1/4 cup (145g) honey graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tbsp (45g) melted butter
- 2–250g pkg cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup (150g) granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups (750ml) sour cream (full-fat or light, not fat-free)
- 2 tsp (10ml) vanilla extract
- 5 cups (1&1/2 lbs) frozen pitted cherries
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 (60ml) cup water
- 1 tbsp (15ml) cornstarch
- 1 tsp (5mL) almond extract
Preheat oven to 325F and grease the sides of a 9 springform pan.
- Mix the cracker crumbs and melted butter together in a small bowl. Press into the bottom of the springform pan. Bake for 10 minutes and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar together until combined.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well in between at low speed.
- Blend in the sour cream and vanilla until smooth.
- Gently pour the batter over the crust
- Bake for 60-75 minutes or until the edges are set and 2-3″ of the center is still wobbly.
- Turn off the oven and run a thin knife along the edge to loosen the cake from the sides. Let cool in the oven for an hour with the door ajar.
- Then cool to room temperature before refrigerating for a minimum of 4 hours or preferably overnight.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the cherries, sugar, and 3 tbsp of the water until heated through.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the remaining 1 tbsp of water.
- Stir in the cornstarch and almond extract and continue to cook until sauce thickens (about 1-2 minutes). Let cool completely.
- Spoon over cheesecake before serving.