Ham and Cheese Sliders are simple and crowd-pleasing sandwiches great for dinner, lunch, or potlucks.
Ham and melted Swiss cheese topped with a poppy seed butter sauce. For these Ham and Cheese Sliders, you can use Hawaiian sweet rolls or any rolls you on Low Carb diet too.
Make Ham Cheese Sliders
However, do be aware that the almond flour dough can get a bit sticky so use a few oils on your palms to roll into balls. Check out the original recipe here for even extra suggestions on making them.
I am using deli ham and Swiss cheese, however, I also love provolone cheese as an opportunity cheese alternative.
You can pick out any deli meat and cheese combination you enjoy, but when the use of ham be sure to select one which doesn’t have honey or introduced sugar.
- 24 white dinner rolls
- 24 pieces of honey ham
- 24 small slices Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup miracle whip
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 Tablespoon minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise and miracle whip. Spread onto both sides of the center of each roll.
- Place a slice of ham and a slice of Swiss inside of each roll. Close rolls and place them into a large baking dish or heavy cookie sheet. Place very close together.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the poppy seed sauce ingredients. Pour evenly over all of the sandwiches.
- You do not have to use all of the sauce! Just use enough to cover the tops. Let sit 10 minutes or until butter sets slightly.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Uncover and cook for 2 additional minutes or until tops are slightly brown and crispy.
- Serve warm.
- Note: Sandwiches can be assembled ahead of time. I don’t like to do it more than a day ahead because they can get soggy from the mayo mixture.